Phone Dynamo offers caller ID options that give you power and value with your virtual phone number.
1. Options for inbound caller ID
- users have the option to see the caller ID on inbound calls using their PD phone number
- users have the option to see the PD phone number in their caller ID and on their phone bill, rather than the inbound caller’s ID
- in either case, your online call history provides a record of the number that called you, and the duration of the call, as well as a link to any message that was left whether or not you have messages forwarded to your e-mail.
This provides quite a bit of control for you as a customer. Decide if you want to see who is calling, or know that a caller is calling your virtual number. If you choose the former, you can still use call announcements and live routing options to inform you a call is coming through your virtual number with options to route the call before a caller is connected. I bet your current mobile service doesn’t do that!
2. Options for outbound caller ID
- users have the option to dial out with their existing phone and have their virtual number ring up in caller ID for the person they call
- we offer two methods for doing this; the first is by dialing into our caller ID service and following the prompts. You can call in from *any* phone – even it if is not verified, as long as you set up your PIN and have an account with Phone Dynamo
- the second method for presenting your Phone Dynamo number in your outbound caller ID is through our web site; simply login and go to the caller ID section of your “Settings” tab. From there you simply enter the number you wish to dial. We call your verified phone, and then connect the call to the number you entered and show your PD caller ID. Nothing could be simpler.
These caller ID options give you the ability to utilize your virtual numbers in a variety of ways and get the value you want. It’s nice to be able to receive calls through your existing phone with a second number, but adding the caller ID feature to inbound calls and combining it with Phone Dynamo announcements gives you full control of call routing with knowledge of who the caller is.
In addition, legally controlling outbound caller ID give you a second level of value and convenience. A virtual number that works as both an inbound and outbound solution. This means you can make calls out with your existing phone and keep the number private.
That is dynamic.